As state and local businesses look to begin reopening we would like to let the Tucson climbing community know that our management team has been actively working and discussing what lies ahead. Since our closure on March 16th, we have been utilizing numerous resources as well as working with the Climbing Wall Association and other indoor climbing facilities across the country to develop new operations programming. Our intention is to reopen in a way that will make our community feel as comfortable as possible with a return to indoor climbing.
With the health and well-being of our community members and staff in mind we would like to release the following information regarding our initial operating plan:
- We do not yet have a reopen date. We assure everyone that when we know, you will know.
- Upon reopening Rocks and Ropes and the BLOC climbing + fitness will be ‘members only’ facilities. For an unspecified period of time we will refrain from first time instruction, groups, events, and most gym programs/clinics.
- It will be required that members book sessions to access the facility. Session times and associated rules are in development and will be announced prior to reopening. Bookings will be handled through our website and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. In addition, each session will be capped to help ensure proper social distancing.
- Each facility will undergo thorough cleaning prior to open as well as during the day. Hard surfaces in high traffic areas (bathrooms, entryways, and storage areas) will be cleaned throughout the day as sessions begin and end.
- All members will be required to practice proper social distancing as well as take additional steps to maintain cleanliness while in our facility. These expectations will be clearly outlined and compliance will be required to gain access to either facility.
These new protocols must be fluid and will likely change over time as we continue to seek information, gain knowledge, and learn what works best for our facilities, guests, and staff. We look forward to seeing climbers back in our gyms and we ask for patience, understanding, and kindness as we do our very best to provide a safe and high quality indoor climbing experience.