COVID-19 reopening statement

COVID-19 reopening statement

Tucson climbers –
As part of the next phase of “Arizona Recovery” Governor Ducey has given the go ahead for “Gyms and Fitness Providers” to resume partial operations as of Wednesday, May 13th. As we have previously stated, we have been utilizing local, state, national, and industry resources to help us plan for a reopening of our two indoor climbing facilities. After reviewing the operational guidelines released by the state, along with active discussion and research with industry peers, we have a strong plan for reopening.
We want more than anything else to resume operations and see the Tucson climbing community return to our walls. However, at this time we do not feel it is in the community’s best interest to have climbers back in our facilities. We take the health and safety of our employees and guests as priority number one, and will therefore move forward with the following tentative timeline:

  • Phase 1 – June 1st With the implementation of mandatory online booking protocol, facility access will resume for all active members. Active members include non-frozen prepaid and EFT members, as well as punchcard holders. No memberships will be “un-frozen” during this phase as we evaluate our new operating plan. You may, however, “un-freeze” prior to June 1st. Additionally, no member guest passes, shared punches, or instruction of any kind will be available until further notice.
  • Phase 2 – June 8th All memberships frozen due to COVID-19 are welcome to un-freeze. (edited 06/05/2020) will be unfrozen. Members who wish to keep their membership frozen must submit a new membership change request at the regular freeze rate prior to June 8.
  • Phase 3 – June 15th Minimal gym programming will resume – limited youth climbing team activities, private instruction.
  • Phase 4 – July 6th We will resume the sale of new gym memberships at this time.

At this point we are all aware that things could change overnight. Please keep this in mind when looking at the above timeline. We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation locally, statewide, and across the nation to decide whether it is safe for our facilities to remain open. We look forward to seeing everyone’s masked faces back in the gym in a few weeks.

; )

Sorry, comments are closed for this post.